As a Junior Software Engineer at Handel you will be involved in developing the RiteTrack framework as well as industry solutions built using this framework. We develop on the .NET platform using several technologies including C#, Silverlight, and SQL server. We are looking for an excellent problem solver with strong work ethic and the ability to think outside the box. As a Handel Junior Software Engineer you are part of a small, cohesive, team of Engineers where each person’s input is heard. As a company of under 30 employees, we offer an unparalleled atmosphere that is results driven and fast-paced, yet laid-back. As a Handel Junior Software Engineer you are not just working on the greatest technology platform in the human services industry, but you are also having a long-term positive impact on the lives of the clients that our customers serve. If you meet the requirements for this job and you want an exciting career working for a fast-growing technology company in a small college town, then this may be the job for you.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 6 months or more experience producing production level code in C#
- 6 months or more experience working with Microsoft® SQL Server
- 6 months or more experience working with Microsoft® Visual Studio 2010 or later versions
- 6 months or more of experience working on a development team utilizing Agile Development software practices
- 3 months or more familiarity with .NET framework, specifically version 4.5 or later
- Ability to read and understand technical design documents written in the English language
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work independently and provide accurate estimates of completion of tasks to maintain the Agile Development implementation strategy
- Currently pursuing or achieved a Bachelor’s of Science in Computer Science similar field.
- Writing of C# code including but not limited to the ability to produce production level code, review existing code written by other Engineers, and troubleshoot code utilizing Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and later versions.
- Utilize Team Foundation Server as our code source safe including following establishes policies for checking out, checking in, and quality control.
- Write with proficiency in T-SQL, including but not limited to ability to create, update, insert, and delete items from database. Write T-SQL queries within C# code, and troubleshoot T-SQL in general.
- Ability to gain within one year a Microsoft® MCSD: App Builder certification (paid for by Handel IT)
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary based upon qualifications and experience
- Performance-based bonuses and stock options
- Home-computer lease and high-speed Internet subsidies
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Health insurance
- On the premises fitness room
- Fitness club membership subsidy
- Wide variety of drinks and fruits available
- Last Friday of the month Lunch
- …and much more
About Handel IT
Handel Information Technologies, Inc. is a nationally recognized leader in the development and deployment of software solutions for child, family, and American Indian human services agencies. Founded in 1997 in Laramie, Wyoming, Handel today has customers in over 40 states and supports thousands of users of its RiteTrack software platform.
Handel sets itself apart from its competition through exceptional support, sophisticated technology, and most importantly, great people (both customers and employees). We employ some of the brightest, best-educated individuals from all over the country who have chosen Handel as the best place to develop their careers and Laramie as the best place to raise their families and to enjoy the Wyoming lifestyle to its fullest. During a recent survey we found that the average commute time for a Handel employee is around 10 minutes by bicycle, and under 5 minutes by car. However, with all the fiber-optics going through our state, sometimes we find that our employees can get all their work done directly from home.
Another thing that sets us apart is our work environment. At Handel we very much promote a work-hard, play-hard philosophy. Located in a historic building in old-town Laramie, our office environment reflects this philosophy both through resources available to our employees (fitness room, game room, break room, bar), benefits (home computer lease, broadband subsidy, fitness club subsidy, wellness program, just to mention a few), and activities (such as last Friday of the month lunches, summer family picnic, ski day, relays, Christmas party, etc.).
Our town is located in the southeast portion of the state of Wyoming in the scenic Laramie Valley, bordered by two mountain ranges. It is a wonderful place for outdoor enthusiasts and people who enjoy wide-open spaces, very little traffic or crowds, and a small college town environment. Laramie has slightly less than 30,000 people and that includes the student body at the University of Wyoming. The town offers superb quality of life with a low crime rate and a relatively low cost of living. By the way, Wyoming has over 300 days of sunshine, is home to Yellowstone National Park, the Grand Tetons, the Black Hills and Devil’s Tower. Wyoming is where the Great Plains meets the Rocky Mountains. It is also the sacred land of the Arapaho, Shoshone and Crow Indians.